Sunday, October 31, 2010

Many Thanks

Dear Parents,
THANK YOU for making the time to join myself and the other staff on Saturday. I thoroughly enjoyed speaking with each of you and have taken many new ideas from you. Here are some changes I'd like to make for Term Two.
  • Post Vocabulary on the Blog so that you can assist your child in your first language (if necessary) and also English to reiterate the meaning of the new vocabulary.
  • Post education websites to the blog so that you can encourage your child to learn with a different medium (i.e. Using technology).
  • Send home more Creative Writing as homework. This will encourage students to use their thesaurus to increase their vocabulary.
  • As mentioned in the interview, it would be very benificial for your child to obtain a children's thesaurus to use at home and even to bring to school. My goal is to improve their writing as well as increase their vocabulary.
  • Lastly, I did not mention this to many of you, but students are keeping a Grade Two Portfolio. Each month they choose 8 of their favourite pieces of work to keep inside their portfolio. This will go home in June.

If you have any other suggestions, I am always available to talk via email, phone or in person.

Thanks for everything, I feel so blessed to have such supportive families to work with.

Best,

Ms Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment